1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 college basketball coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 26, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pat Beilein resigns at Niagara for "personal reasons," less than three weeks before the start of the season. Assistant Greg Paulus takes over on an interim basis.

Lots of rumors floating about Beilein's reasons, not gonna speculate. Too bad, he had become quite popular there and seemed to have the Purple Eagles heading in the right direction.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is an odd deal. You'd think he'd have been able to go to rehab with the blessing of the school if that's the issue.

3. micropolitan guy

I'm hearing it's not a rehab issue.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true, it is yet another reminder that you shouldn’t attempt to shit where you eat.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I want to pitch a show to Showtime, something like Succession but set at a private university's athletic department or a pro team's front office. The drama would be all about the PR fiascos, off-field, off-court issues with players, coaches, student workers, family battles for control of the team, owner embarassing himself in public, recruiting, dealing with donors or other owners etc.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"Ballers" just finished. It was on the same night at "Succession."

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ballers was more about the players, and it was a comedy more or less. I did think that line in the finale about the NFL having control over Hollywood (I've heard that more than a few times) probably prevents another Playmakers or some such.

Draft saved Draft deleted