1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Mar 25, 2020.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

St. Dabo fucked the timing up, I see. Sheesh, can that guy get anything right?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The last big hurricane to hit Massachusetts was Bob back in the late '80s. It was in the middle of the week, so Miami was able to fly in for its game against BC that week, although the stadium had only partial power, so it went from a night game to a noon start. Miami won like 37-0 and after the game BC coach Jack Bicknell said, "we might've done better if they hadn't brought their damn mascot with 'em."

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The water off Eastern N.C. where this thing is building steam is as warm as bath water.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Weird day here yesterday. We were getting hit with scattered showers, but when you pulled up the radar and zoomed back, you could see all the activity was swirling. I'm guessing that's what's forming on the other side of Carolina.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We could use that rain here. Monsoons, which typically start July 4, have not kicked in. Way, way, way too dry. We could use a really good drenching.

6. Driftwood

The Eastern Shore and up the Hudson River Valley are going to up upwards of 7 inches of rain off this thing, according to today's forecast.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And here we go.

maumann likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Posted here for the part about hurricane response in the age of Covid. How would you like to be stuck in a hurricane shelter with a bunch of random people along about now? Add that "According to the American Red Cross, of their 21,000 trained disaster responders, 42 percent are over the age of 65, 43 percent are between 40-64; and just 13 percent are between 18 and 39."

I Was an Army COVID Planner. Trust Me: Texas Is F*cked.

9. Driftwood

I read that this morning. It's nuts.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Hurricane Tracker has it really hitting the coast as a low or a tropical storm without having time to form into anything big. If it slows and has time to build, then you could be looking at higher speeds and water.

maumann likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

All I want from it is rain. The high pressure dome has been forecast to move north from the Southern Plains to the Central Plains in midweek, leaving 90s and a possible opening to some precipitation.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And here we go.

Draft saved Draft deleted