1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the guy who is the all-time scoring leader, has made the most field goals (by 40) and has 4 rings, two of them coming on his kicks in the final seconds, isn't going to be a Hall of Famer. You know who went in three years ago? The guy who he passed for most field goals and was the all-time leading scorer would didn't win any titles.

No one is saying he will be first ballot. But he's in.

tapintoamerica and sgreenwell like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Vinatieri will get in. That said, when you compare guys to their contemporaries, Andersen was better.

Tucker may need another Super Bowl to get the attention of the voters. He certainly has a good shot at one this year.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I thought one of Gostowsk’s best abilities was actually keeping the ball just out of the end zone. Forcing the returner to field and return it at the 1, with Slater charging with a full head of steam. I loved Patriots kickoffs.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is relying on other players for a good result. Tucker just makes the coverage team irrelevant a lot more often.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Justin Tucker has a chance to be the best kicker in history. And the gap between him and the second-best kicker could be pretty large.

Draft saved Draft deleted