1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Any significant or excessive health risk incurred beyond the normal expectation of injuries sustained in the course of a game is unnecessary, cruel and thoughtless. And where are the usual suspects of lying self enriching fuckers like Saint Mikey K of the the all Mighty Dollar? Isn’t it time they took the stage and told what wonderful learning experiences it will be to entertain the masses of shut-ins with these amazing STUDENT-athletes

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Awful news. I was on the OVC zoom media day just last week and Stewart is a bright, engaging guy. His son is the school’s best player and was going to get his MBA this month.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Hoping for the 21-22 season that ESPN brings back the 28-hour CBB marathon. It was such fun watch. There was a Hawaii game at 4 a.m. and usually a couple of MAAC games at the 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. slots. It was a good way to break in the CBB season.

This season however I'm all for a mid-January start and May Madness.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good memories of Albuquerque ...

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That would probably be the smartest thing he could do - go chill. Let the carousel spin and sooner or later someone won't be able to resist coming after him. It might not be this year, but it's not like he's going to be foreclosed on if he does not work for a year.

And yeah, I understand that isn't how these guys minds work, their ego drives them - but it would still be smart and enjoyable.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Already seeing a bunch of COVID cancellations on my Twitter timeline this morning. Not promising.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The SEC: It just means more (positive COVID-19 tests).

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I read somewhere that 40 Division I teams were “paused.” That total has presumably gone up.

Draft saved Draft deleted