1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If this is the kind of kid that has secured a lottery spot, no wonder teams sink everything into international scouting. Averages under 12 points and attitude problems in college and high school. Oh baby, sign me up for that future G League gravy train.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Problems everywhere. NBA using NCAA for child care. Kids don't want to be there because they have no intention of doing anything but playing ball for a season and moving on. NCAA hoping to cash in with names for the tournament.

Big miss. Bigger mess.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

BC fired Jim Christian today. Seven years, no NCAA appearances, 3-13 season so far. Program has gone straight to hell ever since they fired Al Skinner for only making the Sweet Sixteen once while making the tourney almost every year. Actually, he was fired for the sin of not giving a rat's ass about schmoozing with donors. I'll bet those guys have really been ponying up for the Christian program.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Article in the Athletic said they spend about $1.5 million less per year on hoops than places like Wake or Notre Dame, to say nothing of the actual good schools in that league.

5. Sam Mills 51

The athletic program should be shot and quartered for EVER firing Skinner. Yes, programs always strive for better ... we all understand this. But Skinner was doing more than treading water, and two hires later, firing him looks even dumber if that were possible.

6. Sam Mills 51

They care more about hockey than basketball ... or so it seems from where I sit. Tough enough to win in the ACC when you spend the money and put in the effort. It will never work when you put the program on the backburner.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When Skinner was there, I went to a BC practice before they went to their opening NCAA game. It was in the women's practice gym because the Conte Forum floor was being used for hockey practice. Women's hockey practice. So yeah, basketball's the red-headed stepchild but they still think they're an ACC contender. Entire athletic program is filled with really nice folks who're really divorced from reality.

8. Sam Mills 51

BC thinks it can be an ACC beast while worrying about other things.

My school still thinks it's the 1970s and early '80s.

Both galaxies from reality. At least NCSU is trying, though the fan base needs to worry about itself and not get so hung up on the neighbors.

9. Sam Mills 51

Well, this probably doesn't help Christian. Might help Spinelli gather himself and the troops:

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

His stats are interesting. Averaged 11 points in only 21 minutes per game. You'd think if he were really that productive, he'd play more than 21 minutes a game. Especially on a team that's barely above the .500 mark. Makes me think you're on target here.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hard to cram that many errors into just one Tweet.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Biggest surprise to me is that is was a boys game.

Draft saved Draft deleted