1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 18, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

UT could have ( and usually does) a lot worse.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Heupel, you mean the guy who got run out of his alma mater four or five years ago? Great hire!

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2 years too late.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
    They'll go 100 mph on offense, have an exciting brand of football, put some butts in seats, and get drummed by Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
    I was rooting for Heupel to go to Texas Tech after Kingsbury got let go.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some of the hot name G5 coaches who made a calculation they didn’t want a bad major conference job ought to be pushing their agents hard to get in the mix for UCF. There are enough resources there for a good coach to win big and springboard into a Top 10-15 job.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If UT can retain Kevin Steele as DC for Heupel, they'll be much improved on the coaching side. They'll need it if the violations were as bad as I'm hearing. No way to know for certain what actually went on until after Tennessee's mea culpa and self administered punishment and whatever the NCAA heaps on top of it, but a lot of what seems to be agreed happened should get their ass lit up.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If I’m Heupel he’s on the next train out of town, especially if back-stabbing Malzahn is true.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

You have fallen into a prison of low expectations.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of like wanting Tom Cruise to star in your movie and ending up with Henry Cavil.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The distance between Heupel and that 11-0 team with Scott Frost's players was getting greater. The guy does evaluate quarterbacks extremely well and I like him as a play caller. He has the charisma of a wall of white paint, but in the situation that Tennessee was in it isn't the worst hire.

UCF is now open and I think it's probably the best G5 job in the nation.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

TigerVols, why hast thou forsaken me? CA197AFD-5D54-4D82-B2E4-C9D8C466B085.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted