1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Might be. But Tennessee going 2-10 doesn't let 400,000 people - and counting - die from a pandemic. And somehow I suspect that any infractions Tennessee commits will be tame compared to the Tangerine Tantrum's still-growing list.

One is in Knoxville. The other needs to learn what a hard Knox life really is.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wonder what Clay Trumpist thinks of this. A year ago, he was all in on Pruitt. Before that, he was opposed to Schiano. His real opposition to Schiano was not some alleged, vicarious involvement with Penn State scandals but because Schiano wasn't an SEC guy.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Saban tree things plays out in the future. Georgia's in good shape and Ole Miss can't be counted out. South Carolina was a bust and Tennessee was a bust.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

“Letting,” you say?

From the moment I read that part of the announcement I interpreted it as, “This is your chance to leave without losing your pension.”

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's gonna be HC Kevin Steele, OC Jim Chaney, Tee as Assistant HC/QB coach and some random dude as DC.

5. tapintoamerica

Agreed on Steele. Why else would he accept a gig on the staff when everybody knew the administration was trying to whack the head coach ASAP?
    Will Tennessee fans join their Auburn brethren and adopt a #StopTheSteele hashtag?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I haven’t lived that good a life.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think they would gladly forfeit a future appearance or two in the Birmingham or Independence bowls, UT's most likely destinations in 2021 and 2022, to save $12.6 million.

8. tapintoamerica

By itself, that's true. But it's got to be hard to motivate a team that knows it can't go anywhere in postseason. Potential impact on recruiting from any bowl ban and from scholarship reductions.

9. dixiehack

A bowl ban means you don’t get a chop of the pot from what all the other conference schools bring in that year, which does still add up. And Pruitt is going to lawyer up faster than you can say Wigsphere.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think you still share in all conference-generated bowl revenue.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. dixiehack

Not in the SEC you don’t. You don’t have to actually make a bowl to share in the proceeds, but you do have to be eligible. They would still get their cut of TV money.

Draft saved Draft deleted