1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 Baseball Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 28, 2020.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is this a shock to people? It’s smart business, want it out, negotiate it out of the CBA.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Anne Murray to sing the national anthem on Opening Day?

Honestly, it could just be a defect. My brother had to go into the hospital for chest tubes twice during high school because he had "blebs" on the interior of his lung tissue (think bubbles in a pizza crust) that blew out, collapsed the lung from the inside out and had to be repaired with staples or laparoscopy or something.

Damon probably tried to throw the bottles out of the car after the cops pulled him over, but well, you know...

Even though this probably deserves a heave-ho at speeds not seen since Al Campanis, Mather still hasn't earned the award for worst speech given by a baseball executive on the rubber chicken circuit. Clark Griffith still has that one hands down.

maumann likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, there is language in there that does not allow teams to hold a player back just to delay the clock. Usually, it is impossible to prove that is the reason why a prospect is kept in the minors, but in this case, you have a team executive running his mouth.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This guy can't last much longer.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Does anyone here think the MLBPA won't get completely rolled in negotiations?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He gone.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's certainly right in this regard:

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You can't fix stupid. Or, unfortunately for us long-suffering fans in the PNW, the Mariners.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

When you’re the one that’s going to cost the owners millions, as this certainly will with Kelenic, the owner cares. And you gone.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprising, not surprising the Mariners have someone like that in the organization for 25 years? I mean, they are owned by Ninento.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Nintendo actually divested all but 10 percent as of 2016. Also, IIRC, they reluctantly stepped in, in the early 1990s, to purchase the team to prevent it from leaving Seattle. (It's not on Wikipedia though - I think I read it in "Game Over," which was back when Nintendo still commented on things.)

Draft saved Draft deleted