1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It feels like it.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I have not followed the Bronco ownership situation super closely but my understanding is that Pat Bowlen's two children from his first marriage and his brother have about 45% of the club. Bowlen's second wife died shortly after he did and their five children together have 55% of the club. Are the five children from the second marriage still united? Do they still get along with the team president, Joe Ellis, who is running the team in trust with a couple cronies?

As long as the younger children and Ellis are on the same page I would think the older children with the first wife and the brother are powerless.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

There is a new biography out about Elway. I was reading an interview with the author. He said that Elway did not particularly dislike Dan Reeves but that he thought the coach was to stubborn and would not put in a modern passing game in the 90's.

Which is ironic. Because Elway keeps trying and trying to implement the Mike Shanahan 90's offense in Denver. The quarterback is under center and the team tries to establish the running game. And the quarterback has to be tall. Elway is also to stubborn to try something new.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What if she's a sloe-eyed Sabra?

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Touche.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Quinn. Gone.
    Dimitrioff. Gone.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

We're stunned.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No one can say that Arthur Blank didn't give him plenty of chances to get things turned around.

Any chance they've never recovered after blowing a 28-3 lead in a really important game?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Both NYC teams are 0-5. I think it's the first time that both have been winless after ≥ 5 games.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hard to separate that from their offensive coordinator, who's been a very successful head coach since then, leaving at roughly the same time. I think it's convenient reasoning to just pin it on the Super Bowl loss. Quinn is also supposed to be a defensive coach, and they're giving up 32+ PPG so far this year.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's weird he was never able to figure out the defense. They had enough drafts and free agent years to put something together and they never did. Defense was the weak point even in their SB year.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Giants at least look competitive. Florham Park, though, looking more like Trevor Trevor Land.

Draft saved Draft deleted