1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No doubt about it. A complete shitshow.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I guess, but before he won a Super Bowl with the Chiefs, it seemed like Reid's legacy was going to be our current era's Marty Schottenheimer, if that. I don't know if race is why Bienamy hasn't gotten a shot yet. I subscribe more to the theory that plenty of NFL management is bad and stupid, and they can't be bothered to wait a couple weeks to interview OCs and DCs from the best teams, and instead get enamored with the first "pretty girl" coordinator that makes an impression in an interview. (And by the way, should we give a shit about the interviews anyway? Studies in other fields have shown that they have a low correlation to success. I bet the Ryan brothers were great interviews, but their head and assistant coaching stints have been kind of all over the map.)

wicked likes this.
  3. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

With Bienemy, I think it's fair to wonder both (a) how much his past off-field issues might have contributed to his not getting jobs, and (b) how fair that is. From my very limited understanding of the circumstances, all of that occurred quite a while back, and though we're not just talking parking tickets, the totality of it wouldn't seem to be disqualifying, in a world where Tony LaRussa can drive drunk to his next job.

4. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's revisionist history but I thought Belichick had the Browns moving upward. He got them to 11 wins in 1994 and they were 3-1 in 95 before rumors of the move started. If Modell would have been patient (a character trait he never possessed) he would have had a damn good team and a new stadium in Cleveland before he ever in real life played a game in Baltimore

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think that's fair. '94 Browns were a team on an upward curve. But Modell was greedy besides being impatient.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, well ... Marty Hurney rumored to be heading to The Football Team.

Between Washington and Buffalo, it's amazing how many who weren't fit for Charlotte are fit for those two markets. We know there are a lot of retreads and that players, coaches and executives work in more than one place during their careers, but this is not pure coincidence. No way.

Buffalo is obviously thriving. Washington, thanks to hiring Ron Rivera and Dan Snyder perhaps letting loose of his poisonous grip, seems to be getting a lot of the discarded parts from the Panthers.

Liut likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just call him Kneecaps Calhoun.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Campbell does not sound very intelligent.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So they went from one meathead to another.

Draft saved Draft deleted