1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I remember, yes, well nigh 50 years ago, reading a story about ABA basketball in 1970-72 or so, which described 7-foot Jim McDaniels, playing for the Carolina Cougars, stealing the ball in the open court, coming up court on a 3-on-1 which became a 1-on-none, stopping a dribble past midcourt to pull up for a 40-foot three. (Which went in.)
    The coach screamed, "what the hell are you thinking?," and McDaniels said, "I was feeling it, man."
    I think the coach was Larry Brown.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

C's won ... almost back to .500 again.

And Barstool says Fuck That to Kobe the logo.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yup.

Also, let's acknowledge that in the line of guys deserving of logo recognition, Kobe ain't all that close to the front.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it my bad recollection or when Kobe retired, no one was teary eyed and mourned for the end of a Basketball god? Was he loved as a teammate? Was he respected like Michael and Dwayne and LeBron?

he’s loved and respected more after death than during life. Personal life aside, he was a wannabe Jordan who never saw a pass he couldn’t turn into his own shot.

want a logo that’s not West or Jordan? He doesn’t exist

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  8. Songbird

Oh those C's.

Screenshot_20210228-212032_Google.jpg

9. Songbird

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

C's won 111-110.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have been that hard. Good things happen when Tatum goes to the hoop instead of step-back one-legged 21-footers, though. Washington really fucked up the end of that one. Going for a Westbrook corner three as your dagger play, horrid interior defense on three consecutive possessions, and getting trapped twice on inbounds plays.

Draft saved Draft deleted