1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I know why they won't do it, but I still wish they had a "no noise" feed that was just floor level mics and nothing else. Put it on HBO, if you need to, for language reasons.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No fans is depressing to me. Its better than nothing but I miss the excitement of the theater of fans.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

While I would love that.... the language reasons are SIGNIFICANT.

Charge me extra on the NBA Season Pass. I'll gladly cough up more money for that broadcast.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I dont believe the general public is ready for what's said in the heat of competition. Not just the NBA

Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. PCLoadLetter

Jesus.

For virtually all of their existence any statement about the Blazers has begun with "You know, if they were healthy..."

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Great Oden’s raven! That cuts to the heart of the matter with a Bowie knife.

swingline and sgreenwell like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. PCLoadLetter

This is kind of a fascinating glimpse of how the NBA has changed.

Andre Drummond had 33 points and 23 rebounds tonight.

In another era -- not long ago -- he would have been a hall of famer.

Now? He's a guy the Pistons were desperate to unload.

[​IMG]

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

One of my old co-workers is obsessed with Drummond - He's a Celtics and UConn fan, and he's convinced that he's exactly who the Celtics need to win a championship. (Before Drummond established himself, That Guy was Greg Monroe.) The counting stats are always so gaudy, because he plays plenty of minutes on bad teams. The eight playoff games he's managed to play, his defensive rating degraded by 14 to 17 points, suggesting that good teams just roast him on pick-and-rolls and switches, like most big centers in the playoffs now. Of his Top 10 comparable on B-R, only one is a contemporary (Pau Gasol), and the similarity score is 90.5, suggesting that he's a pretty unique player.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted