1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Running Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, May 20, 2019.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I agree. You've got Jerry weakening and Karen kind of building up near T/T. Neither looks nasty.
    The thing building off Cape Verde might be an issue because it's just sitting there building up a head of steam.
    The NHC 5-day has it hitting the central Atlantic and already bending northward. Personally, I'd just as soon it not.

maumann likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Our office classifieds editor went on a cruise out of Galveston last week. They beat Imelda out of port but who knows what's next.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Lorenzo is shaping up to be one tough hombre. Right now ... and that's way too early to speculate ... the track makes him mostly a danger to shipping. But already a TS and barely off the African coast makes him a serious threat over the next week. There's a lot of ocean to cross before anybody gets a real handle on his direction.

[​IMG]

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Karen’s the one you should pay more attention to, just in case it reconsolidates. The GFS has it turning toward Florida on Friday, with the UKMET predicting a feint to the northeast Friday before doubling back toward Florida on Saturday or Sunday. Lorenzo’s already queued for the Greenland Express.

maumann likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Karen just keeps hanging around.

6. Driftwood

These guys never saw Perfect Storm?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

She's waiting to speak to the Atlantic Ocean's manager.

8. Driftwood

Lorenzo is now a Cat 5. It's hanging in the middle of the Atlantic, and the Emerald Isle* is in the path, not Hurricane Alley. I'm sure glad that whole climate change is a hoax.

*Personally glad it's not Emerald Isle, NC

maumann likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

11. Driftwood

I was just coming here to post this.
    This is the first time in weeks there is no current activity. Hopefully it stays that way.

[​IMG]

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No current activity, but Lorenzo is set to affect Ireland in a big way as a post-tropical cyclone.

Draft saved Draft deleted