1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Take that, Charlotte and Andrade. Now, THAT'S a WWE power couple.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

What the Saudis want, the Saudis get.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

If you had to compare Corbin to someone from the attitude era, who would you compare him to?

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Test. Audience just doesn't respond, despite repeated efforts by the office to make him happen, like fetch. (The 00s equivalent before he came back to the company would be Drew McIntyre.)

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Test getting murdered by HHH around the Stephanie wedding angle because they realized he sucked has a lot of parallels with Cena burying Corbin at that Summerslam after he won MITB.

Except 2 years later Corbin’s still hanging around..... like really this asshat beats Richochet clean? Good grief.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Agreed. Plus, I can’t stand how he’s still wearing the constable outfit.

I thought he was more interesting with his previous persona.

8. Baron Scicluna

I saw that, but that’s also on the referee who should be seeing that Silver King was down and stopped the match.

The last where Juventude is trying to roll him over and pin him is ridiculous.

It’s also on the promoter who didn’t have trained medical staff nearby.

9. Baron Scicluna

I watched the Bret Hart-Tom Magee documentary and match. A lot of fun stuff, including Harry Smith (Davey Boy’s son) doing an impeccable impression of Bret, plus interviews with Bret and Magee.

Match itself is interesting to see, and we get the added bonus of Gorilla and Heenan on commentary. They don’t disappoint.

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

When did they sign this idiot? I find it somewhat ridiculous to cull $100k from a guy, asshole that he may be, for comments made 6-12 years ago. If he wasnt working for them....thats just absurd

Draft saved Draft deleted