1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

What in the ever-loving holy fuck was that? Is this Bray's "Brodus/Funkasaurus" turn?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

He looks like Strowman with the haircut and he sounds like Bo Dallas with his regular voice and idk what the bloody hell I think about any of it

3. nietsroob17

4. nietsroob17

I'm surprised Big O lasted THIS long.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Do we really need ANOTHER Flair Lynch match? They couldnt put Bayley over one time?!?

Also I’m worried about Daniel Bryan. Has there been anything about his injury? Is it clear its not head related? Not to be morbid but god damn thats scary

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Same. I'm glad KO turned ... wasn't a fan of his babyface work (or at least how he's been presented since he returned). And it gives Kofi a hot feud to start his reign ... w/o Reigns in the picture.

I'm looking forward to an eventual KO-Big E feud. Two bigger men who move athletically plus the mic work will make it a great feud, even w/o a title to chase.

7. nietsroob17

You'd think Woods and Kofi would have watched the product. Remember Owens/Zayn in NXT? The Festival of Friendship ring a bell?

Batman and John B. Foster like this.
  8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The wrestling biz has subsisted for years on naive babyfaces who are oblivious about the history of serial heel-turners. Hogan, Sting, even Dusty Rhodes have been guilty of the same thing over the years.

Just so happens I was listening to Cornette's 'Drive-Thru' podcast yesterday, and he was talking about Sammartino having Spiros Arion, Bill Watts and Larry Zbysko turning on him over his career. Of course, Cornette pointed on they would do the program every five years almost on the dot -- they would have to wait five years to do it again "so Bruno wouldn't look stupid."

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

IIRC, three of Hogan's feuds in the first five Wrestlemanias (Orndorff, Andre and Savage) were built on that angle.

mpcincal likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Orndorff’s turn on Hogan program came after WM2. For the first WM, he was Piper’s protege, then turned face after Piper blamed him for the loss to Hogan and Mr. T, then he turned back heel a little more than a year later. Then, after the Hogan feud, he turned back babyface after firing Heenan for a second time. Basically an early version of Big Show in that he turned roughly every year.

But otherwise, Hogan did have a lot of guys turn on him. Tugboat/Typhoon, Sid Justice/Vicious also did. Makes you wonder if there was something about the guy .

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still think the E missed the boat with a Ryder turn on Cena. Fans were hot enough in for Ryder, even though the E kept making him look foolish. Cena kept trying to help Ryder, but they could have eventually turned it into a program.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Heenan knew about Hogan, he knew the whole time!

Draft saved Draft deleted