1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

2. nietsroob17

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That ending was so dumb.
    If they're just setting up a tag match to feature the two champions, then just set it up from the get-go. Have The Bar interrupt during Kofi's challenge.
    If they're going for a swerve ending that's a draw, do a double count out or double pin where neither guy looks weak.
    If they're doing the run-in at the end, why The Bar? That was way too random. Have Drew McIntyre come out and level both of them. Have Reigns turn heel and do it. Make it Daniel Bryan and Rowan or, hell, even Randy Orton. So many logical ways to set up the next challenger for either one of those guys and they do a throwaway with a random tag team. All in front of the worst possible crowd to do that sort of thing with. It made no sense on any level.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So Roman just wasnt on the Raw after Mania at all? Nor was Braun Strowman? What?

I talked myself into Roman helping Seth screw Kofi, Seth going back with the McMahons, anything.

And its the 2 most random baddies from Smackdown no one could possibly give two shits about.

What the fuck.

At least make it some agent of chaos with a Joker type crazy motivation right? Wyatt? Anyone with a reason. These two assholes its like Vince stuck his finger out and spun the wheel of heels.

I cant think of anything dumber in recent memory.

Batman likes this.
  5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Mr. Socko is back. And now he's PISSED!

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Now that I've thought about it a little, I heard Bray Wyatt's return is imminent and he's undergoing a repackaging. I think that could be the opening vignette.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

He was busy with Paige

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That thing kinda looks like a dinosaur. Maybe he's bringing back the Funkasaurus gimmick.

9. John B. Foster

[​IMG]

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It's obvious why Roman wasn't on the show. Didn't want to put him in front of a #RAWafterMania crowd on live TV.

He came out after with Ambrose and Rollins.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

Going back to the HOF on the network, and needless to say, they've cut footage of Bret being knocked down. It goes from the start of the Hart Foundation, to Bret and Natalya looking a little disheveled and a murmur in the crowd, and Braun walking in the background likely wanting to give the schmuck "these hands."

12. John B. Foster

I still cannot believe that happened.

Even though Dash found room to give him a good blow, I agree with Cornette here:

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted