1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thought it was a cool moment and was surprised because Jannetty bled and at that time, the WWF didn’t show blood. They even had done some big dumb red Xs to block the blood.

The heel turn was no surprise because they were building up to it by showing them not getting along in multiple tag matches.

Looking back, though, it’s really kinda a sad moment, because, although a lot happened afterward, this is the moment where Michaels starts his rise and Jannetty just never recovers from this peak of his career.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I was surprised. I was also 7 1/2 though, lol.

British fans chanting “Are you watching, Vince McMahon” at their takeover is pretty fun. Love a hot crowd.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Brits, the network just premiered a great bio on Nigel McGuiness on his career and his meandering journey to WWE. Lots of old indie/ROH footage of him with Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe and Cesaro.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I’ll have to watch that one. Sad the way his career ended.

5. nietsroob17

I wonder whatever happened to that Roderick Strong? Probably the same place as Johnny Gargano, the greatest wrestler from Liechtenstein, or Tomasso Ciampa, the legal counsel of Mohammed Hassan.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I watched it today. It was great. Bryan talking about what he said about his injuries when he got hired was quite interesting.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Realistically, I know they'll both be there. But they don't make my dream card based off this year. Cena's been gone to much to be in a storyline that matters, and the Undertaker just needs to be done.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Break the Walls Down for Jericho, or Also Sprach Zarathustra for Flair. The pomp that that added to his entrance was just perfect for him. No other song could have done the same.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And I'd also add, for the pure horribleness of it as a song, "Bad Street" by the Freebirds.

10. nietsroob17

11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Did anyone else forget about Jason Jordan, or it’s just me?

12. nietsroob17

Poor guy is probably done wrestling because of a bad neck.

Draft saved Draft deleted