1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Eh, 2005, 2019, either way Eddie's still dead.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Was surprised they didn't have Rey come out and jump Joe when he was going crazy on Kofi. They kept emphasizing that New Day couldn't go out there, but all those guys that were praising Kofi all night sat on their hands? Weak.

I like that they're having Bryan drop some of the things said about him in the past on Kofi, esp. the "B+ player" line. I'm betting they'll do a straight revamp of the Wrestlemania where the Yes Movement peaked. They'll announce next week that the title match will be Bryan vs. Owens, and then they'll have Kofi have to earn his way into the match by beating either Rowan or Vince earlier in the WM card.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I just want to know how tall mom is, because Dominic did not get those genes from his old man.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. nietsroob17

Woods and Big E killing it with their promos expressing their distaste with Vince and what's going on with Kofi.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its obvioisly a work but I dont like leaning into racism..... I dont like giving the illusion of ammunition to the Es critics

6. nietsroob17

I wonder how things are going with to fall in two weeks. I doubt they'd have the faces win each of the three main events. Doesn't seem very WWE-like.

So who's the one that loses? Becky, Seth or Kofi (presuming he FINALLY gets in the match)?

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think they all go over. If there's one PPV where they'd put all the faces over, it would be 'Mania.

If someone doesn't go over, I'd bet it's Kofi, but I can't see what the long play becomes after he loses.

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Seth could totally lose bc who the F knows with Lesnar.

Kofi could totally lose and continue to chase. Theres a lot of story still on the table with that and as long as he doesnt lose and then never actually win, its fine. The crowd at Mania will be pissed but once Becky goes over theyll forget.

Whatever match goes on last, the babyface has to win. Beyond that who knows.... Id kinda be surprised if all 3 won. Heels gotta win somewhere to keep the storys going

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Every once in a while, whenever I see video of a building implode, a part of me is doing an “EC-DUB!” chant.

It just kinda feels appropriate.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted