1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Dean convinced to stay by starring in a new cyber punk thriller from wwe films....

sgreenwell and Batman like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No wonder Ambrose was struggling. He’s tweeted one time in about five years, and said the only reason he did is because the E wanted him to have a Twitter account.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Ambrose is definitely someone who I think wouldn't be big on social media. Of course, I would think the same of Black.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Now that he's no longer under contract to WWE, Jim Ross isn't mincing any words about his opinion on the broadcast work (not that I disagree with him)...

5. nietsroob17

WWE upset that Smackdown has been more popular than Raw, the flagship?

Have TWO evil McMahons on the show. That'll fix things.

6. nietsroob17

YES!! New Day Nation of Domination!

7. nietsroob17

Amazing promo by Randy and AJ.

JRoyal and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

That’s something that always gets me. I understand having to hype up the future shows, but it frequently gets in the way of what’s going on in the ring.

I remember seeing an old Gordon Solie interview where he said he knew when he was done in WCW when some young kid producer got on his case because, during one match, he was calling the action in the ring and mentioned the PPV a couple of times. The kid told him he should have been talking more about the PPV than the action. Solie asked him if he ever watched the NFL. When the kid said he did, Solie pointed out that you don’t hear the broadcasters hyping up the Super Bowl in every other sentence during the conference championship games.

John B. Foster and sgreenwell like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Next week, Kofi has to do a gauntlet to earn his title shot, including facing Orton, which would be some delicious irony.

That could be super compelling.

JRoyal and Batman like this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

R Truth’s John Cena cosplay might be my favorite thing in wrestling at the moment

Oz likes this.
  11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One thing I was thinking about, for some odd reason: Is "HAPPY RUSEV DAY" the best wrestling T-shirt in quite some time? Personally, I don't own any wrestling T-shirts. But that one looks so clean.

Another one I like, but for different reasons: the Curt Hawkins "Losing Streak" shirt.

12. nietsroob17

I wonder if they've got an end game for Hawkins at WM. Does he win the Andre Battle Royal? Perhaps they let him and Ryder beat the Revival for the belts in their home NY?

Oz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted