1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Something I've thought of, if Vince really wants to put it all on the line...

Woods and E campaign for Kofi again and Vince says he can have the spot, no more switcheroos ... IF the New Day disbands forever.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Well deserved.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So that makes Booker T a two-time -- TWO-TIME!! -- Hall of Famer. Wonder if they'll induct G.I. Bro to give him the hat trick?
    Also, since Stevie Ray is going in, it's worth remembering that he gave us Fruit Bootys long before the New Day gave us Booty O's.

4. nietsroob17

And obviously, this will go off without any twist or swerve at all.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

6. nietsroob17

7. nietsroob17

And the crowd goes mild ...

... probably because most of them forgot Shelton was employed. But good continuity, since he was a Gopher with Brock.

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

It was well played. Sucks about the crowd, though.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know the answer is, "Because, wrestling," but how in the hell is Lio Rush ringing the bell during a match not a DQ? Shouldn't that decision at least be overturned by any logical measure?

10. nietsroob17

Speaking of "They still work here?"

Hi, Dana.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wasn't it just a couple of months ago that people were praising Ronda Rousey for doing a good job for a relative novice? For at least being enthusiastic about the business even if she was still green? Didn't they generally like her?
    What the hell happened? She's close to getting X-Pac heat, and it feels like it happened overnight and for no real reason. I can't recall her having a string of botches or outright terrible matches. Her promos weren't great, but that's not the end of the world. It's like everybody just woke up grumpy one morning, decided she sucks, and weren't going to cut her any more slack.

12. nietsroob17

It's a bummer she's been largely out of the ring, but Alexa Bliss is so gold on the mic.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted