1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Wow they put DIY over.

I hope there’s some storyline carry over with NXT, or some kind of invasion angle with HHH. That was some good stuff.

Also these Kevin Owens videos are amazing

2. JimmyHoward33

Oh wow Banks and Bayley can defend the tag titles on nxt? But these two on a Takeover please.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Great showcase for the NXT guys, and it looks like they'll be put to work in some meaningful feuds right away, but that was totally a filler episode of Raw, right?

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Lashley, Hawkins, Tamina, the two luchas and Ronda are the only ones who appeared tonight that weren't NXT alumni. Even Ryder spent his time there with Mojo.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Put it this way. I clicked off after the Bayley/ Banks promo figuring I wasn’t missing anything. Looks like I was right.

NXT guys were hurt by the lackluster crowd. They would have been better if they debuted in a large Northeast city.

Also, poor storytelling again. Why were Lio and Lashley together after the night before? Why are DIY kinda babyfaces? Why didn’t anyone help Corbin again?

I was listening to a Cornette podcast where he was reviewing last week’s Raw and he had a good point. They keep doing these weird cut-ins where they start one storyline, jump to another cut-in, then head back to the ring to continue the first storyline. Cornette’s point was that it’s distracting and looks like they’re trying to jam in too much.

6. JimmyHoward33

7. nietsroob17

Watching the documentary they just put out on Mark Henry, and they touched on the famous "retirement" speech he gave with Cena. Still amazing. One of the greatest swerves in wrestling history. Had EVERYBODY eating from the palm of his hand.

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

He sure fooled me. That was brilliant. Would have loved to see prime Henry vs. Big E.

Haven’t watched the doc yet, but he’s had an incredible career. Especially considering that it took him a really long time to open up since he was so shy.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  9. John B. Foster

Aleister vs Andrade?

Yes please.

10. nietsroob17

Damn, the Nawlins crowd is SO much better than Lafayette.

11. John B. Foster

Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Gargano/Ciampa. Yes please x2

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

See, I kinda had my suspicions since he wanted Cena to stay in the ring while he gave his speech. I think it would have been better had Cena come in the ring on his own to congratulate Henry and then Henry turn on him.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted