1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Nice hint to Britt Baker being spotted in the crowd at Takeover.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

And loved Jericho's "Lexicon of Le Champion" of who he'll never give a championship match to.

Sucks that Allen Jones will never get the shot. Destined to remain in obscurity.

[​IMG]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that too.

AEW really has to do better with its pacing. They keep showing important moments during the split screen with the commercial, we don’t get any commentary during those big spots, and the moments are lost. The table spot, and the “random woman in the crowd” getting her head shaved was when they did the split screen. Very poor timing.

They’re trying to get new stars over, but they’re cutting down on the best parts.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Couple times they’ve gone to commercial with guys walking and talking backstage. Theres no audio! There was one a cpl weeks ago where Jericho and Swagger were accosting backstage employees, probably very funny, and we heard none of it.

Another time they cut to a Jericho video and left the in arena audio on, so instead of hearing Virgil’s funny comments all you heard was chants for SCU.

Annoying quirks of a start up, I guess

5. nietsroob17

Foley continuing the Hell in the Cell match after going off/through the cell twice pales in comparison to this.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Missed that one, but it strikes me as funny that three of the most beloved promos/bits in Chris Jericho's 25-year career have involved lists.
    He should take it to the next level by wrestling a phone book and claiming it's a 5-star match.

JimmyHoward33 and Baron Scicluna like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Today’s generation would be asking, “What’s a phone book?”

sgreenwell and Batman like this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

They got rid of Jim Johnson fairly recently?

All the new theme music sucks. Bayley, Elias, the Sasha remix, more or less all the heavy rock remixes for Smackdown are low quality dreck

9. nietsroob17

He's been gone for nearly 3 years, and even before then he was being phased out in favor of CFO$.

WWE Music Group discography - Wikipedia

10. JimmyHoward33

the cfo$ stuff is really good. Corbins new one stinks too. There’s gotta be some Fox exec who wants a certain beat bc these things are just lousy.

11. nietsroob17

Whatever happened with that shirt in NXT, I think the guy has some deeper-rooted issues.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

I guess it's a good thing they're limiting the NWO to those four. Imagine how long it would take to get down to the acceptance speeches for Vincent and Fake Sting.

Though Waltman seems like a minor stretch to be included since it wasn't too long before he was back to the WWE. If anything, I'd have limited it to the other three.

Who presents them? Sting? DDP? Bischoff? Flair? And hopefully the speech isn't too anticlimactic since they've all been inducted before.

Batista you knew was coming (no Dana Brooke jokes from the peanut gallery, please). I'd be shocked if it's anybody but Triple H presenting him.

Draft saved Draft deleted