1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The crappy thing about NXT on USA -- the commercial breaks during matches. That was one of the great things about NXT on the Network -- balls to the wall action without any breaks (at least for the TV crowd).

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The first year or two they did the draft, they kinda did it a little more like the NFL and NBA, where the pick got analyzed a bit with their height and weight and their strengths. Then they did it how you said it, with the GMs taking center stage.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I liked the show, until the end. We got a street fight, with no finish. Yep.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

You're probably right. There's no way they'd put some of their top names -- the ones who would be logical first- and second-round picks -- back on NXT since they need them to sell tickets to the shows that will be touring, and NXT fills Full Sail with anyone they put out there.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

MJF is a trolling god. He's one of the wrestlers I'm most looking forward to seeing regularly when AEW starts. D&D fans across the Internet are going nuts and have no clue they're being trolled by a world-class heel.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Initial rating look like 1.1-1.2 million. Not bad. Half-ish Raw and Smackdowns regular audience. Wonder what bar that sets for AEW?

4th for night on cable is good for sure

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

8. nietsroob17

Dusty's Hard Times ain't got nothing on this promo:

9. nietsroob17

Either the Fiend is going to get his biggest gets yet, or Miz is going to sacrifice himself.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One thing that would be cool with the Fiend, and I'm wondering if him using the Mandible Claw is a hint of this, would be to "steal" the signature moves of the legends he takes out.
    Maybe start using a Tombstone or choke slam from Kane, Hogan's leg drop, Flair's Figure 4. Like he's stealing a little piece of them and their souls as he goes through the legends roster.

Oz, Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

12. nietsroob17

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe Braun being disabled by someone with a couple fingers in his mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted