1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Drake really is golden.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sad video. Pedecino and his wife Bonnie used to do a wrestling show for years during the 80s. He did some broadcasting for WCW in the late 80s and was one of the promoters for the Global Wrestling Federation, which was on ESPN in the early 90s.

3. nietsroob17

WWE at MSG is just not the same without that old center entrance.

[​IMG]

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My wife can’t stand wrestling. She usually walks out of the room when it’s on.

But she happened to be in the room for the last segment. She got interested in the What? chants and cracked up when Austin told A.J that 18,000 people were calling him an asshole.

Austin even made my wife like wresting for two seconds.

5. nietsroob17

I guess this means we've got Corbin and Gable in the KOTR final? I can't imagine a Corbin/Elias final.

6. nietsroob17

Vince probably saw this ethnic 7-footer walking around and tried to sign him to a contract.

7. nietsroob17

A fan or shrunken Ciampa?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or did it look like that Kofi-Orton re-creation of their 2009 spot was an epic clusterfuck?
    The table broke prematurely, which forced them not only to go to a backup table but for it to be slightly out of position. When Kofi finally jumped onto Table No. 2, it looked like he came in at a weird, bad angle (about 45 degrees instead of perpendicular like normal) and might have hurt Orton's knee.

9. nietsroob17

Congrats, Vince. You're back in the WWE's Mecca for two nights, in one of the most WWE-friendly markets in the country, and you go off the air with the crowd chanting for AEW.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Dusty in here

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who is everyone's all-time favorite WWF/WWE wrestler and why?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ric Flair, but not for anything he ever did for Titan Towers.

Draft saved Draft deleted