1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I know it's gimmicked and I know Seth knows how to land it, but the F5 on the standing chair is sickening.

Looks like Seth legit got clocked in the mouth.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its hard for me to disconnect enough to stomach the Usos being on TV and making penitentiary jokes. This idiot may actually kill someone. We dont have TV time for a zillion different talents, its way past time to rehab him and push someone who can stay clean.

sgreenwell, Baron Scicluna and Gutter like this.
  3. nietsroob17

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or more like she goes into labor and as she’s screaming at Mike, he gets fed up and pins her.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Twitter suggestions for who could possibly pin Maria and not cause an international incident

*Nicholas

*Matt Hardy’s son King Maxel

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the 24/7 belt will come into play on 205 Live tonight in the "unsanctioned" match between Maverick and Kanellis.

7. nietsroob17

Big Show has shown some character before, and that he can have some fun. Count me curious.

8. nietsroob17

Nice. Just today, the Smackdown main event has gone from Woods/E vs. Elias/McIntyre, to New Day vs. OC, to Kofi vs. AJ.

Vinceomania at its best.

9. nietsroob17

Corey Graves doing the heel bit defending the authority, harping on about how he got a movie role, while Saxton and Tom Phillips didn't.

Graves: "I know where my bread is buttered."
    Saxton: "Yeah, and I know what your morals are."

Daaaang.

10. nietsroob17

So when Braun crushed Brock and whoever with scaffolding a year or two aga, they went to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Roman casually stands up and walks away.

LOGIC!

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The last 90 seconds of that episode was a production nightmare.
    First, they botched the camera work on the ending of a decent match and pretty much missed Kofi's (pretty sweet) finishing move on AJ. Then they cut immediately to Roman Reigns casually strolling down a hallway while a producer is probably screaming in the truck, "SPEED IT UP, YOU SAMOAN SON OF A BITCH! WE'VE ONLY GOT 45 SECONDS LEFT!!!"
    And then the stupid stunt where the entire backstage set falls on top of Roman and he happened to find the one hole in the scaffolding where it missed him entirely. Followed by him brushing off the EMTs trying to make sure he's not concussed. Somewhere, an OHSA official is having a wet dream over that one.
    To quote Randy Orton, "Stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This would have been a good use of DiBiase buying the title. Maria is the type of heel that would be easily bought off.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted