1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Maybe Natalya and Becky can do a play on heel anti-US Bret vs. Austin, especially with the PPV in Toronto.

Maybe the heel turn they apparently had planned for Natalya vs. Ronda before Anvil died and scuttled those plans.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It’s a big mistake they gave up on Asuka and Moon. Asuka should have turned heel and Moon is a believable contender with some buildup.

Nattie hasn’t done anything besides being Ronda’s buddy and hanging out with Uncle Bret.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its insanity. They’ve built no credible women. No knock on Nattie, any of the other 3 women in that match would’ve been just as bad opponents for Lynch.

Kari Sane? Had one of the best matches on the Evolution PPV not a year ago and since her call up she’s been on TV what twice? Can’t tell me she, Shayna and the fans all wouldnt be better off if Kari was just going against Bayzler on every Takeover over the last 9 months instead.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think this goes back to the writers didn't know how to build a storyline without a title being involved. Ember Moon is another wrestler they wasted. She was hot in NXT and could've carried over, but they killed her.

I think they need to go full heel with Natalya. Have her start talking about how she was the women's revolution before the current crop of women knew what a revolution was and she doesn't get any credit for it. She paved the way, and now she's an afterthought. Have her jump women in the back just to send a message that she's still a power even if they want to ignore her. Heck, let her have a hit list if the stars who came up after her and have been in the spotlight, and have her take them down one by one. If Rousey comes back, have Natalya add her to the list. Screw friendship. This is about getting what she deserves, what she earned.

And when Charlotte comes back, put them together as a tag team and let them rule the women's division as a female Legacy until they go at each other down the road. They're the true heirs of WWE glory. Their fathers brought it to the federation, and now they're bringing it to the women's division.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Part writers, part herky jerk TV time, like you start something with Paige and the Kabukis, then they disappear for 2 months....

Part of it is the absolute vaccuum Rousey left. Everything that went into building her resulted in only one star (Lynch) who now has no opponents bc there was no womens undercard making someone, anyone, respectable during Rondas year on top.

Also part tag team mess. Like if they were no tag belts, would Banks vs Man Lynch be a fresh awesome match? Hell yes. Would either Royce or Billie Kay be ready for a singles title match vs Lynch? Maybe. Moreso than Lacey for sure.

Theyve not put enough effort into building the number of stars they need to sustain 3 womens titles.

JRoyal likes this.
  6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Not enough time as well. To build three belts and the contenders under to be the next in line for them, they'd need to have more segments with women than they do. But when you have six mens titles, it's practically too much. That's nine different championships to build feuds for them alone. Leaves next to no time to build up the undercard for anything, especially when you throw out the roster divisions and just have the same storylines building on both major shows..

7. nietsroob17

Becky and Seth have nothing on Kacy and Ricochet.

8. nietsroob17

Interesting that they actually seem to care some about Liv Morgan to apparently reboot her character.

9. nietsroob17

Gable vs. Gallagher can do no wrong.

And I'm intrigued by what they do with Kanellis and Drake -- only if they have some continuity between Raw Drake and 205 Drake.

10. nietsroob17

Nice nod to Shane botching the first stunner.

Tommy_Dreamer and JRoyal like this.
  11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think the thing I love about this most is the Kitchen Nightmares episode lol.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Man, I wish Ramsey still did the UK version of that show. So much better and less hyperbolic than anything else he's done.

Tommy_Dreamer and JRoyal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted