1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cross-threading with the Jim Bouton thread, when you read the part of Ball Four with the “It Makes A Fellow Proud To Be An Astro,” song, read it in Leaping Lanny Poffo’s voice.

You’re welcome.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I had no clue that Brodus Clay had become a FOX News regular until I read this article. Britt McHenry yes, Brodus Clay/Tyrus, no.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Tons of Funk huh? One of em runs the performance center, one of ems looking for a performance of a different sort

5. JimmyHoward33

Did anybody watch AEW or Evolve? I did not. Watched the Adam Cole Tazawa match on delay and watched some of the aew stuff on clips on Twitter, but thats about all I had time for.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Watched the entirety of AEW except for the first match between one of the Librarians and Sonny Kiss.

It was a solid show once again. The Lucha Bros vs. SCU was probably the best match and The Lucha Bros challenged The Young Bucks to a ladder match for their AAA tag team belts at All Out. (I think it's AAA, can't remember). Also got to see the debut of The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Graysson, formerly Super Smash Bros. in PWG).

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

Taker looks good. Night and day from Saudi show.

8. nietsroob17

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Braun Strowman: Patron Saint of Kyles.

10. nietsroob17

Great ending with Bryan and Big E, but I think this guarantees that Kofi loses tonight.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So they're not even going to tease a cash-in with Kofi? That seems weird after the earlier build up. Since it was clear at that point anyway that he wasn't coming for Kofi, Heyman should have come out to cut another quick promo telling Kofi he can relax ... if he can make it up the ramp to the back. Kofi does, of course, but it builds some more tension.

12. nietsroob17

Brock comes out, cashes in ... Pins Rollins to steal it from Corbin, but that means Lacey gets Becky's belt?

Draft saved Draft deleted