1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

sgreenwell and JRoyal like this.
  2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The side-eye from his wife is fantastic lol

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  3. nietsroob17

Hmm ... She is a wrestler after all (she was in one of the Mae Young Classics). You don't think she could win the belt while consumating the marriage, do you?

"Why does the Cabana boy look like John Cone?"

Renee Michelle

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Batman and JRoyal like this.
  4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

That would be kinda amazing. Show her talking with a ref on Raw and giving her a key to their hotel room. Then the next night on Smackdown, they show video of the door to their hotel room, some banging and such coming from inside. A ref sneaks up and walks in quietly. You hear Drake yelling, "Hey, what's happening?" and the ref yelling "One, two three!", and then she runs out in lingerie with the title. He comes to the door in boxers, dejected look and says quietly, "But I love you," and we're not sure if he's talking to her or the belt.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Or have her want to try something "fun" and she ties him down, then opens the door and lets the ref in and gets the pin. Ends with him still tied up saying I love you.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You’re hired!

JRoyal likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

In two days, we have a "Holy Shit!" and a middle finger (from Kofi, of all people). Never thought I'd see those again.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I like how Kofi is starting to grow into the role of WWE champion, and that -- unlike a lot of recent first-time champions -- he's being booked strongly. He's getting some swagger to him. His promos have been a lot better in recent weeks than they were when he first won the title.

9. nietsroob17

I expect Truth and Drake to be main eventing the next WrestleMania, as great as they've been with this whole angle.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I still cant take a WWE champion whos main gimmick is throwing pancakes out of his pants seriously.

I do like that none of his programs have been rematch heavy. He’s had Bryan, then Owens, then Ziggler, now Joe..... 4 opponents all while Rollins has been married to Corbin. That’s much much booking for the wwe title than the universal.

11. nietsroob17

And I think that new profile picture is going to give me nightmares.

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even funnier, his twitter profile pic is the one Royal posted, but his wife is cut out of the photo.

Draft saved Draft deleted