1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m getting tired of that. He has a good game already. Just let him keep it.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Today's random post ... One of Impact's best segments ever:

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Anyone else win $0.21 last night during HQ Sports' WWE Trivia like I did?

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

What kind of questions did you get?

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Only had to think hard about two of them ... whether or not they were trying to trick me on longest number of combined days holding the WWE title, and who was at one time a grand slam champion.

John B. Foster likes this.
  6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Wow. That's gonna suck if he can't get that worked out. I figured they'd send him to Smackdown since Raw seems to have enough big monster types. If they were gonna give him the Cena rub at WM, Triple H clearly thinks a lot of him.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just finished this this morning. Good stuff. I'm still not sold on All-Elite, but Jericho's definitely going to do all he can to make it succeed.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So many to choose from. Going with this because it matches the wrestler so perfectly:

John B. Foster likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Jericho is smart enough that I don't think he would've bound himself to three years of exclusivity had he not been confident about AEW's fortunes. He probably got inside knowledge from the Khans on whatever TV/broadcast deal was in the works, or whatever free agents they felt confident in landing.

JRoyal likes this.
  10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

We should have our own wrestling trivia. No use of google. If you're 100% sure of the answer, just go ahead and ask the next trivia question. I'll start:

Who was the first King of the Ring winner?

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

If this was the Attitude Era, this would've been followed by Big Show chokeslamming Betty off the stage, ala Mae Young.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And then Val Venis teabagging her.

Draft saved Draft deleted