1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Including two by the same guy -- Shane's foot on the rope and Lacey having Becky pinned.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

WWE Executive No. 1: Hmmm, how can we rehabilitate Lars Sullivan's image?
    WWE Executive No. 2: Let's have him beat up a bunch of Mexicans!
    WWE Executive No. 1: Brilliant!

3. nietsroob17

You misspelled "Vince:"

4. nietsroob17

Sickening bump with Finn and Andrade. Kinda like that Kallisto/Uso spot a few years ago, but looked worse when the ladder bridge didn't hold.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Fans saying “yup AEW is for me”

Batman likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

With apologies in advance to the military, Finn deserved combat pay for that match.

JimmyHoward33 and Batman like this.
  7. nietsroob17

Oy. Guess that means Seth is losing in Saudi Arabia.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How in the fuck does that ending even make sense? Did they even say there was an eighth guy in the match after Sami Zayn got taken out and I missed it?

9. Baron Scicluna

I don’t think they’ve announced it, but Lesnar’s supposed to be facing Rollins in Saudi Arabia. Maybe that’ll be the storyline cash-in, or they’ll have the match already set and go with the storyline that Rollins may have to beat Lesnar twice.

10. Baron Scicluna

They were kinda vague about the eighth man, but there’s precedent in the past with non-competitors climbing up to cash in.

11. nietsroob17

Only if it is shown Brock was in cahoots with a McMahon. Because otherwise, what was there to prevent Heath Slater from running down to take the briefcase.

Batman likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's still fucking stupid beyond belief. I just spent a half an hour investing in this match, watching these guys bust their asses -- literally -- and here comes the stale guy no one can stand to saunter in from out of nowhere and take the briefcase.
    I mean, if the goal was to make me hate him even more, mission accomplished. Otherwise it feels like I just wasted my time.

Draft saved Draft deleted