1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What the hell are the Niners doing playing Mullens deep into the 4th Quarter?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You can’t get a flip phone on a plan at all- I’ve tried.

4. DanOregon

Can teams refer a player for a mental health eval? Seriously - I think the guy needs help.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

CTE is where my money sits.

That game in Cincy scrambled his eggs.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That's a horrible analogy.

Webster likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"I'll take 'Phrases you never thought an NFL fan would say' for $800, Alex."

8. DanOregon

Better '18 passer rating than nine projected starters for this season. Including the two guys ahead of him on the Niners.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of talk about that among Steelers fans, many of them suggesting he sue his new teammate, Vontaze Burfict.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

AB has an old looking face, doesn't he?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gruden and Brown deserve each other. Myopic, intellectually limited, immature assholes.

We’ve known the whole time,” Gruden said. “He had frostbite. He took four or five days to get checked out, and we knew about the [helmet] grievance since the first day of OTAs, which we did. I don’t know what the story — what the (expletive) the story is around here. He’s tried everything, really. I give the guy credit for standing up for what he believes in. Everybody else does it in this country.”

12. DanOregon

I worry that Gruden has become more of a character than a coach - ala Glanville, Rex Ryan and Ditka.

And part of me wonders that if the Raiders wanted a coach, they could have found 20 decent guys that would have taken the job for $3 or $4 mil a year - but "the show" is why you pay $10 mil a year. When they are competing for butts in seats with Celine Dion and Carrott Top next year - you need something unique. I do hope the team has a Vegas-style marquee outside the stadium.

Draft saved Draft deleted