1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Especially since I started coaching youth football: I can't get enough of that channel. It's very enlightening to see the minute details any given coach is evaluating on a particular play.

garrow likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd love to know how those shows come together. Which coaches get the call to appear first and why? Does anyone turn them down? It's great free advertising for a program for a coach to go on there and sound brilliant and engaging. And they all do.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Is he allowed to fire his owner? Because I was under the impression that him and his cronies were where plenty of the leaks were coming from. Headline Huey was always happy to put his name on his stupid quotes.

5. outofplace

The whole thing seemed to be a ridiculous overreaction to some criticism by a former assistant coach.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the Kitchens.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... can't wait to see what Mary Kay Cabot and Co. unearths now.

Kitchens might as well have dared everyone now.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

If there ever was a team that needed a season to start, it’s the Browns. This is such a non-story. Meanwhile, I wouldn’t expect the Browns beat crew to start breaking news now.o

9. outofplace

The Browns actually seemed to be on the right track at the end of last season and they got a lot better with the addition of Beckham, but I don't have much faith in that coaching staff. They could be a fun story about a playoff run two years after going 0-16 or they could be a fun story about the Browns still finding a way to Brown and imploding.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out why JJ Watt breaking a kids bike is across the bottom line on ESPN but also on their main headline page.
    If he were to wake up tomorrow morning and burn his tongue on a cup of coffee, would Shefty be on the next flight down?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just typing in "JJ Watt broke....." is a click-getter. How much is the bike worth now?

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

This is about 98% what I’m expecting.

Draft saved Draft deleted