1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

294 references on his Wikipedia page. What a compiler.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...kids-just-got-married/?utm_term=.95eb4ebb3d47

In 1988, longtime Redskins tight end Donnie Warren’s wife, Irene, took Beau, the youngest of their three sons, to Super Bowl XXII in San Diego when he was three weeks old. Four years later, Redskins offensive tackle Jim Lachey’s wife, Ann, was pregnant with their first daughter, Paige, at Super Bowl XXVI in Minneapolis. Before Paige was delivered by the same Fairfax Hospital doctor as Beau, Irene threw Ann a baby shower.

“I bet she wasn’t planning on planning our rehearsal dinner as well,” Paige, who is now 27, said after returning from her honeymoon to Europe with Beau last week.

The children of the two former Hogs were married in Columbus, Ohio, on May 25. “It’s pretty interesting how life comes at you sometimes,” Jim said.

Liut and Batman like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

career earnings just shy of $50 mil.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've always had an appreciation for guys like McCown. Whether it's the backup QB, the utility infielder on an MLB team or the ninth man on an NBA roster, they have their moments but never enough of them to be a star. Yet they're still good enough and their skills valuable enough to somehow bounce from team to team and make a living at the game. Then you look up and 10, 12, 15 years later they're inexplicably still in the league and nobody -- maybe even the player themselves -- has any clue how they did it.
    Those guys are the blue collar backbone of any league they're in. You need them just as much as you need the superstars.
    Hell of a run, Josh McCown. Hell of a run.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With all due respect, this may be one craziest things I have ever read here. Josh McCown? He is a jabroni. A guy. 1 of 10 qbs named Josh that are entirely interchangeable. I cannot remember one thing on the field Josh McCown has ever done, and I spend 6 hours a sunday watching the NFL. 99% of NFL fans couldn't pick Josh McCown out of a lineup with Cade McNown, Luke McCown, or Josh Allen. You could find some guy off the street to fill in for him. I can't think of anyone less valuable in the league.

TigerVols and JC like this.
  6. heyabbott

you'd think they can find a guy off the street, then you turn around and find the guy has been in the league 16 years. Jabroni is Tom Savage, Curtis Painter, Cade McNown

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

9. heyabbott

My daughter’s b/f waited on Vernon Davis and his g/f for brunch today. Cheapassbitch left $6.00 on a $40 check. $73 million is career earnings and the fucker left 15%? His g/f sent back her Bloody Mary because she remembered she doesn’t like tomato juice.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Kendrick Norton - NFL GMs must absolutely hate this time of the year between this, JPP, Sheldon Richardson - prime time for roster-altering incidents - let alone life-altering ones.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted