1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

No. He has been touched by and infused with evil for too long. Do not believe the reality presented to you in The Matrix east of 495.

Michael_ Gee and sgreenwell like this.
  2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Wasn't Shaq in a Wrestlemania Battle Royale a couple years back? I could see Gronk doing a one-off like that but he's not going to be some full-time or even part-time pro wrestler with all the travel and training and shit that goes with it. Apparently the guy hasn't touched a penny from his contract money so he should be good for a while.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

He was already in it, sort of.

Batman likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are applying logic to the situation. I'm not sure Gronkowski will take a logical approach to things, though clearly, he has been smart with his money.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think he's a big enough name that he could get the Lesnar / Rousey deal, which is a way reduced schedule vs. everyone else on the roster going to like, house shows five nights a week. No clue if he's interested in such a thing, since as you mention he'd still have to train quite a bit, but I'm positive its out there if he wants it.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mike Eruzione earned an at least comfortable living since the 1980 Olympics and he never had a real job. Gronk will flourish financially no matter what he decides to do.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gronk retiring immediately turns into a 2 page WWE discussion. You keep being you, SJ.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

For some reason I could see being a game shot host as his future or hosting those stupid Challenge shows on MTV.

There's a big market for Gronk doing something that requires little to no wear and tear on his already beaten-up body.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He'd be a great host for MTV Spring Break or one of the challenges, maybe ESPN puts a Gronk Channel on ESPN + where once a day there is a camera on him watching ESPN while drinking beer, talking crap at the TV getting into impromptu wrestling matches with bros, taking part in various food challenges....wait THAT's the show.
    The Gronk Games. Each week a team of four Bros or bro-ettes take part in various challenges to test their Bro-Ness. Beer consumption followed immediately by traditional backyard fare like the wheelbarrow race, potato sack race, tricycle race, push-ups and pull-ups, - and it all comes down to the karaoke challenge.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, this is an outstanding idea. Where do we make the pitch, ESPN or Viacom?

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Why would Gronk retire from the Pats only to come back later in the season?

No training camp?

Brady walking next?

Only wants to play 1/2 the season?

There's no way he wants to go to another team, right? An LA team?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Players loathe OTAs and pre-season..."retiring" gives you the excuse to miss them.

Draft saved Draft deleted