1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to Burfict and Antonio Brown getting some quality time together given the former's past history of trying to remove the latter's head from his shoulders.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Canton awaits.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Canton for sure, but does Gronk land a TV gig? I don't know what would be better TV - him being good or him being at his Gronkiest.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

WWE? He’d make a great heel.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm sad to know I won't see Gronk play anymore, but I'm super happy for him. Great decision. He was headed for Earl Campbell in the wheelchair territory the way he played.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Gronk can't be the heel. People love Gronk. Even Patriot haters love Gronk. I could see him being the neutral ref who gets whacked by a heel and then goes nuts and cleans house, though.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The people I have meet, the relationships I have built, the championships I have been apart of, I just want to thank the whole New England Patriots organization for every opportunity I have been giving and learning the great values of life that I can apply to mine.

Good luck in grad school, champ!

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Was Gronk’s best game the best a TE has ever played the game?

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

People have said Hogan could never be a heel and he was one of the best heels’ of all-time. ;).

10. Michael_ Gee

Fair enough. Gronk doesn't have much acting ability, though.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know about a full-time role. He's too famous and untrained for that. Meaning he'd be wasted if they made him put in the work to become just another guy on a roster where everybody is going to be better than him.
    I could see them putting him into a one-time match for a major pay per view, though. He's done some similar work for WWE in the past, and IIRC he's good friends with at least one or two people on the roster. He'd be perfect in that celebrity wrestler role, where they put him in a tag team match with some established wrestlers and he hits a couple of basic moves that make him look good.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it kind of depends on how serious Gronk takes it. He's obvious a higher caliber athlete than they normally get, which is usually like, lower D1 and high D2 college guys. (Excluding collegiate wrestlers.) If he just wants to do a couple matches, he'll likely be fine, but WWE would likely be willing to offer him a Rousey-like contract. If that's the case, I think he could start as a babyface, and transition to a heel down the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted