1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Browns have suffered for so long, people are giving them a pass for signing Hunt.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Oh my God, this is epic.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Have they done anything about that offensive line? They need to keep Mayfield upright.

4. outofplace

Looks like the 49ers are going to get Dee Ford from the Chiefs for a second-round pick in 2020. Ford will get a new five-year deal in San Fran.

qtlaw likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

lol.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Straw might be the most apropro nickname ever for a cokehead.

CD Boogie likes this.
  7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

That line allowed seven sacks in the last nine games. They don’t have a Hall of Famer like they did when Thomas was there, but they have plenty of talent up front. It’s still a strength. Their bigger questions are on defense.

8. outofplace

I thought the Ravens got good pressure in Week 17 and they couldn't protect against the Steelers either time. Honestly, those are the only times I saw enough to have an opinion.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I guess time will tell. But the amount of talent on that team is startling right now. But please, continue to be you. The place wouldn’t be the same otherwise.

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Mayfield didn’t play in the first game between the teams. In the second he was still in his “hold onto the ball too long” phase. Honestly, I was stunned he was as good as he was, as quick as he was. I was one of the ones who thought they blew the pick. And maybe he was a one-hit wonder. Seems unlikely, though.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to New York’s editors and reporters tonight.

Baron Scicluna and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted