1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There was talk a while ago of Bell going to the Colts. They certainly have the cap space.

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The GM disagrees.

Yeah Tomlin certainly seems to have some pull when it comes to Ben...what a joke.

3. outofplace

If the team can't get him to do something like that, it's just more evidence that Tomlin can't do his job properly any more with that team.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Colbert made it pretty clear who runs that team. Seems like the radio stuff is toxic enough that the unquestioned leader would want to scrap it to avoid the scrutiny but like you said, he'll never be the brightest guy in the room.

5. outofplace

Colbert made it clear that among the players, Roethlisberger is the leader. Of course, Roethlisberger does have a long history of disobeying coaches. Publicly, that goes back to the motorcycle accident. Bill Cowher had told him not to ride it any more and Roethlisberger rode it to practice. If I remember correctly, Cowher sent him home and it was on that trip that he got into an accident.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I will never deny Big Ben is a Hall of Famer, but if I had to choose a QB to start a team with (and that QB being at his peak), he'd be low on the list.

The Steelers might have been one of, if not the only, organization he really could have succeeded in. They protected him a lot (like a good organization should) when it would have been understandable to tell him to get going.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

LOL, because as anybody who has smoked pot knows, it does not impair driving ability. LOL at believing the officer smelling smoke coming from the car as a reason for the stop. LOL at smoking pot being asinine compared to two forcible rapes. LOL at caring when an entertainer wants to change his venue or contract.

9. outofplace

The ignorance in your post is stunning. Marijuana decreases reaction time and motor skills and it impairs judgement. It absolutely impairs driving ability.

Whatever the reason for the stop, it doesn't change the stupidity of what Bell did or the stupidity in not realizing that it was unsafe and illegal to drive while high on marijuana.

I didn't bring it up as a moral issue. I brought it up as an example of Bell's stupidity. There is no relevance to the rapes you referenced. You're assuming and projecting a lot and understanding almost nothing.

10. Just the facts ma am

It was unsafe and illegal for three black people to drive in Pittsburgh in an expensive car. You are right though, he should have known better.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh. Unless you're referring to the town in Kansas.

12. Just the facts ma am

Thanks for the correction.
    One more thing, though. I have not done this in years and hopefully will never have occasion to again, but in the long ago past I have drunk alcohol and driven. I have smoked pot and driven. I know the difference.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted