1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I just finished it. It’s well done.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if the money makes people grotesque - or just makes them more of what they would have been anyway.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am 12 minutes into the first episode and Ramona Shelborne is doing a good job. But I am having a real problem trying to get interested in all of these horrible Sterling people. Give me a reason to keep going on this.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

knowing that at the end the bad guy gets his comeuppance when he is forced to sell his team for $2,000,000,000

Stoney and poindexter like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I find the backstory about what the players and Rivers were going through interesting. Also remembering those times.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Do they portray Mrs. Sterling as a sympathetic character? Because she married and lived with that despicable person for 60 years.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Mo-mo" (who, for a reason that escapes me, has become the house superstar on ESPN in LA) says she did many interviews with Shelly.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She refused multiple attempts to be interviewed.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The complaint was entirely based on her own assertion.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the headline is probably a bit too... I don't know, it implies Walton's innocence a bit too much for me. If she's a victim with a pending civil suit, I can understand if she doesn't want to cooperate with NBA investigators. If I'm her attorney, I imagine the advice is something like, "There's not much advantage to us participating in this, because it gives him a 'free' look at what we're going to use at trial." (I've got no clue if her claims are credible or not, but I could understand that for her, getting $X million in a civil verdict is more of a payback than getting him fired from the Kings right now.)

Draft saved Draft deleted