1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. RecoveringDesker

RecoveringDesker Active Member

Soccer?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The 1993 Braves used 13 pitchers the whole year. That's both good and lucky. And incredible by modern standards.

3. tapintoamerica

In keeping with the finest Walgreens tradition, Anthony Rendon is a no-show for one of MLB's major events.

Speaking of which, I wonder this: Does anybody else suspect the unusually high number of no-shows for this game is a silent protest of ownership's slow-walking free agency the past couple of offseason?

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That's one way to get people to show up

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Pete Alonso is a fun dude to watch. It’s so Mets that he and Jeff McNeil are having breakout seasons ... and the team still blows.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great deal ... and I'm looking to go there when the Indians visit!

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Harkening back to earlier, I didn't know there was any documented steroid taint on Gary Sheffield. I just figured he played in the era, therefore guilt by association, pile on the stones, etc. etc. (Not that his name screams HOF! by any means.)

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

If the Cubs trade for Verlander instead of Quintana they win the 2017 Series

11. tapintoamerica

Read the fine print first. Must buy in the next few days. Offer only good in select seating categories.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Roberts drains the NL bench by the top of the seventh because the country doesn’t want to watch the players they voted for, but backups and guys added because their team had to have a representative.

Draft saved Draft deleted