1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Subconscious antisemitism?

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So there you have it, Harper took the most he could get, that was the reason he went to Philly. Good for him for honest about it. The Dodgers offer of 40-45 f0r 3-4 years would have enabled him to make even more money than the contract he signed. And factored in for present value, Stanton's contract may have been larger.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So rumor has it that the MLB season opened already but that can't possibly be true, can it? I saw no mentioned this morning of any game anywhere. I didn't see any season-kick-off concerts or anything of note, like the NBA and the NFL does.

I guess I must have heard wrong.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A mere rumor. No statement of fact any place.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Don't teams have to file players' doctor reports with the league now?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The White Sox apparently just locked up Eloy Jimenez with a 6-year, $43M deal and he's never played a big league game.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I hear a lot about labor unrest and a potential strike, but the way owners are suddenly spending on guys who haven't reached arbitration makes me think it can be avoided.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's one way to avoid waiting to start his arbitration clock.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ichiro to announce his retirement after today's game in Tokyo. One of my all-time favorites to watch. Saw a game that might have been the metaphor for his entire Mariners career on a Sox road trip in 2004. He hit four singles, stole second all four times, and did not score a run as no Mariner was able to drive him in.

Draft saved Draft deleted