1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He might be the best Buffalo Bison since Johnny Bench.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

"That is a huge ass."—Some scout from Moneyball.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The ball makes a different sound when it lands on asphalt.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I wonder if his grandma is there doing the cooking for all of the players.
    Memorable part of an "At home with ..." feature on Vlade in the OCR years ago.
    Vlade said he was feeling more comfortable since his mom came to live with him. She made food for everybody and they brought it into the clubhouse before the games. Vlade: "She was struggling until she found a place where she could buy a live goat."

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One of my son's former coaches is a Dominican guy and he said there is a Dominican food underground throughout the majors where expats in each big league city bring Dominican food to hotels and clubhouses for the guys. I saw a story about it a few years back, I think it was in the Washington Post.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Hey Rangers, go F yourself

ARLINGTON -- Individual-game tickets for the season-ending series against the New York Yankees, which will end Globe Life Park's run, will go on sale on May 1 through texasrangers.com.

The Rangers will require customers to purchase tickets for two other regular-season games to be played between May 1 and Sept. 26 to get one ticket for a Yankee game. There will be a limit of 19 ticket-packages per customer through the online sale.

lakefront likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

In the '80s when I covered baseball, when the team traveled to the next city, a Dominican player from the home team would pick up the Dominicans from the visitors at the airport.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I hope they remember the times into the early 90s they played in that festering shithole and couldn't get 5000 in there against anybody.
    Buncha scumbags.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That would make an awesome story.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't really see the issue. The last game is going to be a hot ticket (I mean, who doesn't want to see the last game of a 25-year-old stadium?), so they're making some extra revenue and basically making sure that the people who get to be there are people who actually want to see the Rangers three times in one season.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A's extend Khris Davis through 2021. $33.75M for two-year deal.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Or those who will pay a premium for the game they want to attend and either sell or eat the other tickets.

Most teams use dynamic pricing, just raise the prices exorbitantly for the last three games.

Draft saved Draft deleted