1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And now lose two straight to Cleveland. If you're gonna be decent, you can't get swept, even by the good teams.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Paxton puts together plenty of starts like that. He can dominate. That isn't the issue.

What he can't seem to do is stay healthy. He also battles some inconsistency, but I think the health issues are a big part of that. You really shouldn't allow your bitterness toward me to muddy your perceptions in such a manner.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I saw someone put together the IL Yankee lineup, and it's better than the current one.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

From Joel Sherman:

Gary Sanchez (C),
    Bird (1B),
    Troy Tulowitzki (2B),
    Didi Gregorius (SS),
    Miguel Andujar (3B),
    Jacoby Ellsbury (LF),
    Hicks (CF),
    Stanton (RF),

Luis Severino (SP),
    Dellin Betances (RP).

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw something that said that the payroll for their IL players is greater than the payroll of 5 teams.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tim Anderson of the Chicago White Sox causes a dustup after a batflip on a homerun.
    Haven't seen the video of the HBP yet, but I did see this between Renteria and Yost.
    Captain Crazy Dale Sveum was also in there, and I don't think that's anyone to be trifled with.
    If anyone from the Nationals had a spine, Harper would have wore one in the pant pocket the first pitch the next day.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the ticket. Physically injure a guy because he hurt your feelings. And baseball players wonder why some folks think they're sissies.

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Goose Gossage high-fived everyone in the room after watching that.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. John B. Foster

6,828 PA’

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He hit him in the ass.
    No one has ever been hurt by getting hit in the ass.
    Anderson knew it was coming too. Didn't charge the mound. You wanna javelin throw the bat? Fine. You will wear one in the ass.
    Message sent. Message received.

JC likes this.
  12. John B. Foster

So when a pitcher shows emotion after a strikeout, or even an out, it’s cool for the batter to throw his bat at him the next time they face each other?

Draft saved Draft deleted