1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Another way to restock your farm system is to sign midlevel players or reclamation projects, see if they’re able to overachieve, and then flip them for prospects at the trade deadline. The Rangers GM Jon Daniels was a dumpster diving maestro in the late Aughts, flipping guys like Eric Gagne, Sammy Sosa and Kenny Lofton for players who helped them win two AL pennants.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Trout will have made about $580-$585M (after bonuses) in MLB salary if he never signs another contract.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hope Arte Moreno chokes on every red cent of it.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Strange for a major league team to lie? Ryan Braun, Kris Bryant and Vlad Guerrero, Jr. would all like a word. :)

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What's the motivation to lie?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The check on owners not spending is for the fans of losing teams to demand more, stop going to games and stop watching.

I think a strike for a spending floor makes good sense but the theoretical corollary is a cap (soft or hard) which players don’t have right now, so even if I’m the owners I say quid pro quo or no deal. And with the NBA framework, Trout’s never getting $430M.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He makes less per year than plent of NBA players. Why would Angels fans be upset about this?

Draft saved Draft deleted