1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

2. John B. Foster

3. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

That's a freaking steal for the Braves. For as disappointed as I've been about the offseason, this eases some of the sting.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Assuming the report is correct, I'm wondering who has control of the options. Unless it is Acuna, I don't think he did well at all on that deal. I'm not sure he did well even if he is only locked in for eight years.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Even as a Giants fan, I have always thought Chavez Ravine was a great setting. SoCal weather; delicious Dodger dogs; Disney-like cleanliness (not sure if still true) and did I mention the weather?

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Great glove right?

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This is not just a team policy, it is an MLB-wide policy. And it has caused issues at games since Opening Day, since they did a terrible job of alerting people to it.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Great glove. Takes some of the worst at-bats in the modern game.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Last night it was 72 degrees at first pitch. 66 at the end of the night. Dollar Dodger dogs. And it was spotless. It was a little bit of Heaven.

Also—wide seats, and only a few seats in each row, at least where I was sitting. I was on the end and had to get up twice for somebody the whole game. At SkyDome, you're up a thousand times a game.

10. John B. Foster

Not really. His defense has been declining for years. He'll make some outstanding catches from time to time.

No plate discipline at all.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When they play the Indians, KFC will do.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Plus, it’s a urine-soaked shithole.

Draft saved Draft deleted