1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Nats won with actual baseball and not beer league softball home runs.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Champagne and goggles for a damn wild card game. Whoop de damn do.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eh ... It's win or your season is over. A win in that situation is worth celebrating. That said, I liked how the Yankees used to use beer to celebrate early-round playoff wins. Champagne was for championships.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That should be reserved for winning a title or at least making the world series. It's now like rushing the damn court. a wild card game? come on, man.

7. CD Boogie

Fuck them and how often they'd been there that they developed a system.

;)

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is asinine. They've had had two Champagne celebrations already and they haven't won dick. And they are staring at the national league King Kong straight in front of them.
    Two champagne celebrations just to earn the right to be the last seed in the playoffs. Have some freaking self respect.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

. Mostly agree but It is all about context. Nats have never won a deciding post season game. Many of the players on this team have lost a number of them together. Moving on, even for a play-in game is a big deal.
    Want to have issues with celebrating, St Louis and New York has champagne celebrations for winning division titles. Those are the 2 winningest teams (WS) in baseball. Act like you’ve been there before.

10. CD Boogie

fair enough, the Nats had never advanced in a "series." If they'd poured some champagne over an effigy of Bryce Harper, I would have taken them for my own team.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Basically, standard practice now is 5 champagne celebrations if you're the champs:

Clinch playoffs
    Win division title or wild card game
    Win division series
    Win LCS
    Win WS

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The many champagne celebrations are a bit much but that ship has sailed. Baseball players are going to keep it up. And I'd rather keep that odd nonwritten baseball rule than continue with the you looked at your home run for a millisecond too long so I'm going to drill you.

Draft saved Draft deleted