1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They may not, but the other openings are all trying to win a Series now type rosters. The Giants roster blows, if you can't get THE guy you want, you could do a lot worse. You bring in Buck for like three seasons, build it up and then cut him loose.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Giants need a thorough roster overhaul - their roster is old and fading. Maybe you go with a current coach to ease the transition and then start making moves. Their roster can't compete with Dodgers right now and won't be able to compete with the Padres in two years.
    They are one of the few teams stuck in purgatory - not good enought to compete, too good to tank.

maumann likes this.
  3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

And don’t forget to put them above the fold.

heyabbott and HanSenSE like this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One team I covered listed the players' kids and their birthdays in the media guide bio. I noticed a bunch of the kids were born in October. I asked one guy: "New Year's Eve?" He admitted it, got drunk, made a baby.

6. DanOregon

Nothing going on again in StL through four.

7. heyabbott

I hate. Absolutely hate. That they say it. Show the line score. Don’t say the words. When did that stop being a thing?

8. DanOregon

I think it's kind of a homer-ish thing. Particularly when they make a point of not saying it, only base runners have reached on walks IF YOU KNOW WHAT I"M SAYING!!!!"

9. heyabbott

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why shouldn’t they say it? People pop in and out of games all the time.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

People pop out of wombs all the time too.

12. heyabbott

3 hours 10 minutes, top of the 8th. This is lasting forever. But Aaron Judge doesn’t leave the batters box between pitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted