1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Buck Showalter is the guy you hire to get your franchise to the brink of being a contender. He's done it everywhere he's been. Based on the openings, his best fit is either San Diego or San Francisco.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wonder how this guy feels?

3. HanSenSE

And there it goes. Back to high school football fronts.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

In Anibal Sanchez’s last three seasons for the Tigers, his ERAs were 4.99, 5.87 and 6.41
    Of course he figures it out after he leaves Detroit

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is it still a Ewing Theory situation if the star player left the team an entire season ago?

I’m so happy for Nats fans. I was at RFK that first season, when they were in the division lead for a long spell. Yeah, the stadium really shook. I was there when Red Sox fans overran the ballpark in 2009. I remember Adam Dunn and the NATINALS jersey. I’m not a Moddy-level fanboi but good to see it all come together so far. Also, wonder if this happens if the Orioles didn’t have Dan Snyder-like ownership.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The Orioles have “Crush” Davis crushing them. Let Nelson Cruz go, keep the guy who doesn’t get his Adderal approved.

Brady Anderson is finally gone.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always figured pro athletes - so conscious of their bodies, when they sleep, what medicines they take - would definitely schedule a "window" of babymaking time between February and April to ensure an off-season birth. Also - always surprised teams don't require all players to get flu shots, considering all of the other junk they allow in their systems.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, normally the week after the Division Series is the offseason for the Nationals.

9. DanOregon

It makes me feel old that ballplayers wouldn't take time off for family leave. They might miss a game - or head back home overnight for a road game, but they wouldn't miss two games. Of course, I remember when baseball announcers would be behind the mike for all 162 come hell or high water.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's funny how sometimes one team in a city wins a championship and it's like breaking the ice, and all of the city's teams seem to find success for a spell afterward.
    I think of Philadelphia in the late 70s/early 80s, Pittsburgh in the 1970s, Boston in the 2000s, Cleveland (to an extent) this decade, probably a few others. I'd say the Capitals' Stanley Cup win might have helped Washington's mojo a little bit, but the Wizards and Redskins are so far away from even thinking of contending for a championship that any rub will end with the Nationals.

11. DanOregon

Don't forget the Mystics!

12. HanSenSE

Don't think the Giants are looking for a Showalter type. Zadhi wants someone a little more analytics oriented with just a touch of Bochy. Personally, I'd love to have Bob Melvin move across the Bay, but he's tied to Oakland for two more years.

Draft saved Draft deleted