1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Twins over Yankees in 4
    Astros over As in 5
    Astros over Twins in 4

Dodgers over Nationals in 3
    Braves over Cards in 5
    Dodgers over Braves in 5

Astros over Dodgers in 6

Every part of me wants to say Nationals pull the upset because A) Dodgers clinched too early (Don't give me they were playing for home field because the Dodgers' schedule the last month was a joke. They only had five games against teams that were above .500 for the season and went 3-2 in those games. They went 15-4 against the garbage teams.) B) Nationals had a tougher September and are hot C) Kershaw in October D) Nats are due E-Z) I'm a Giants fan and the Dodgers must go down in flames
    But then I remember the Nationals are gonna National and the Dodgers are going to piss me off and find away.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Rooting for all to go to deciding games. 5&7. Also Yankees to lose in ALCS OR WS.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think the fun preview story is about how the Twins keep having to play the Yankees in the playoffs, and losing.

5 times since '03 they've played in the playoffs, 5 times the Yankees have won.

In those 15 playoff games since '03, the Yankees are 13-2 against the Twins.

The combined scores of those 15 games are Yankees 77, Twins 40.

lakefront likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Nats over Brewers
    As over Rays

A's over Astros
    Twins over Yankees

Braves over Cards
    Nats over Dodgers

A's over Twins
    Braves over Nats

A's 2019 World Champions!!

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

A beer to you if you're right. Not because I'm offering a wager but because this result would make me most pleased of all the possible outcomes available.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dodgers over Twins in 6.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

As a Dodger fan, my thought is they either lose to the Nats or they win it all.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

NYY over MIN is the second most frequent playoff result that I can find. Only one that's more common is NYY over Brooklyn Dodgers (six).

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two batters into the game, it begins.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nats and Mystics both losing. Not a great night for the ol' D.C. sports fan.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Kate Upton says you’re wrong

Draft saved Draft deleted