1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Masters running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I listened to Jim Rome's pre-Masters podcast with Steve Elkington (hilarious), and Rome asked him if Rose had to be a favorite as the world No. 1. Elk didn't just auto-answer "yes," he said he saw something with Rose's swing plane lately and just wasn't sold this week. Amazing what pros can pick up on.

qtlaw likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Elk is a definite must-listen.
    I wish he would have beat the shit out of Bubba back in that dustup back in NOLA some years back.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The past 13 champions have all been in the top 10 when the sun went down Thursday. Nine were in the top five.- Boswell WashPost

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Duval (one L, please) started losing it at 32. He won 13, the last was the British Open in 2001 when he was 30.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hard to believe how tough the course is playing (based on scores); course looks great, not too much wind or bad weather and greens are holding. Best score I see is Molinari at -3 for the day.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

After yesterday, figured one of the early plasters would get to 9 or 10. Nobody running away so far.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

One of most hilarious things at the Masters I've seen, Zach Johnson taking a practice swing hit his ball and looked like a shanked drive. Everyone is looking around befuddled and Johnson finally picks ball up and after reteeing says "its okay to laugh."

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that came out a few years ago about the fake bird calls.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Security almost takes out Tiger. Who then birdies.

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted