1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Masters running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tidy 2-under 70 for Woods. Could have been a shot or two better with a couple of makeable putts and a "bad" par on 15.

Loving the Masters app on the Smart TV. Fun to see a helluva lot more of the tournament.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And then put $100 on Harding.

Chef2 likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As per my prediction, Koepka is going to win this.
    And then, he's going to send that no playing panty-waste little sawed off Nazi Chamblee a thank you card.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BARNRAT ONE SHOT BACK. LEGGO!

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got to hand it to Phil, 68 at 48. Hope he keeps it up.

Koepka, damn he's good at majors. If he does this??? Wow.

Can anyone remember someone so young, so in control, losing it like Speith? He's just another guy now who just visually looks like the guy who won 3 majors in 3 years. He looks lost. Seriously, take away the name and go with just the masked player, 18 holes anywhere, you taking Speith or Kevin Na?

Guess Rose is just going to struggle to make the cut.

Tiger had oh so many chances. It was like last year at Open and PGA, just when you think he's there at the top, he stumbles. I know that's a lot to ask but I only demand this of the GOAT (maybe).

Rickie righted the ship and has still got a shot (-2).

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Damn impressive by Koepka and DeChambeau.

As for Spieth, definitely lost right now. Still, a long way to go before he reaches David Duvall territory.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Spieth has been lost for a while. Can't quite put a finger on what the problem(s) are but it's been a big tumble.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Speith looks like the guy who held quicksilver in his hands — only to see it slip through his fingers.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Spieth can't put his drives in the fairway and can't make those 15-footers that were why he was so hot for so long. If he could just do one or the other, not even both, he'd be OK.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I feel for that guy because he was such a great story. When he won the Open after gagging the Masters, I thought wow, what a set of onions.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I said a couple of years ago on this site about DeChambeau......"whatever IT is, this kid has it."
    I fully expect a Koepka, DeChambeau, Fowler, Woods race on Sunday.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh.....I adore Rinaldi, but he has the dorkiest laugh in sports television and its not close.

Draft saved Draft deleted